Sunday, November 19, 2006

Mother on Red Boat, Fourth Lake

After seeing the picture of me on the red boat I had to respond! That particular picture was taken by the professional photographer at Camp Eagle Cove. Al Edison was his name and he was a staff photographer at the Syracuse Herald Journal and Post Standard, and made extra money by freelance commissions. For years he was hired by Fayetteville-Manlius High School to take some of the group pictures for the yearbook, and I was one of the students assigned to work with him when I was in "Yearbook Club" at F-M. This particular picture was taken in either 1960 or 1961 the two years I worked at Eagle Cove. Because he knew Al and Dorothea, he would stop at Penwood for a drink and conversation as part of his photo shoot at Camp Eagle Cove. -- Margery Gordon Burstein

No comments:

Post a Comment