Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Old Forge Terrorism Threat: Low, Very Low

Anthony and I have been talking about what it would be like to work in London.  It would take us much farther away from the Adirondacks and our house, but it would be much closer to Paris -- a very good thing, indeed.  But more generally, I wonder when the next big terrorist attack will happen in New York.  Now we hear that there is a likelihood that there will be a chemical or biological attack in the U.S. There would be a hell of a traffic jam getting off of this little island of Manhattann if a bomb went off somewhere. It's an odd feeling to think of Old Forge as a safe haven -- from terrorism. But it is.  Am I thinking about this just because I am sitting in the Upper East Side of Manhattan as I write this or is it a more common fear among Americans, that is, when the next attack will come, where we will go, what we will do.

1 comment:

  1. I'd say you are right. Old Forge is likely one of the last places the terrorists would attack.

    But before 9/11, who would have thought NYC would be dangerous in that way? Or Madrid, or London, or Bombay (Mmmmmmummmmmmbbbbai, I still can't say it)(Plus, you can't make a drink with Mumbai).

    The real terrorism is having to go to Old Forge to be safe. In my lifetime, I still want to go to so many places which currently are not possible. Kathmandu, for instance.

    ReplyDelete